Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quinoa PIZZA!!

Last night I was about to cook dinner for my roommates when I realized the only ingredients I had were left over quinoa with mixed veggies and tortillas, hummus, a way to ripe avocado, half a jar of Marinara sauce and some cheese. So it hit me, I have to make some kind of pizza!! I made what I'm going to call Quinoa Pizza with a very yummy crust!!

Quinoa Pizza
Looks similar to this! ( forgot to take a picture)!
Ingredients
2 c cooked qunioa
1/3 c chopped onion
1 diced tomato
1 diced green pepper
1/2 jar of marinara sauce
basil
garlic powder to taste

* add any veggies or meat topping you want!!

Crust
2 whole wheat tortillas ( per pizza)
2 c shredded cheese, I used low fat white cheddar
1/2 ripe mashed avocado
1 c hummus (I used roasted red pepper flavor)

Preheat the oven for 350 degrees. Cook quinoa until done, add veggies and cook until they get tender. While thats cooking, place one tortilla down, and spread the avocado, hummus, and cheese and top with the other tortilla. Next spread marinara sauce on the top half of the tortilla and top with quinoa mixture. Put pizzas in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the crust looks browned. ENJOY!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment