Sunday, September 16, 2012

GARDEN BREAKFAST

Whats better or fresher than a breakfast that you grow from your own garden? I can't think of many other options. When I visited home I was able to prepare amazing meals with ingredients that were in my own back yard! Trust me, I miss that luxury being back in the city =(. If your like me and trapped in a city, getting fresh veggies from Trader Joes, Whole foods or a farmers market works just as well for these two recipes! ENJOY!


Open Faced Omelet with roasted sweet potatoes and carrots

Ingredients

4 egg whites
1/2 diced red pepper
1 small sweet potato diced
2 large carrots chopped
1/4 c spinach
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs goat cheese

Crack egg whites in a skillet with with 1tbs olive oil, Let cook until edges start to get firm, top with spinach, peppers, goat cheese and spices and cover with a lid until cooked all the way through. While thats being cooked, place the diced sweet potato and carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, broil on low/med for about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender! ( I topped mine with my garden salsa below)!


 

Black Bean Garden Salsa

Ingredients

2 cans low sodium black beans
5 diced ripe tomatoes ( or canned)
1 diced red onion
2 c diced cilantro
2 diced jalepeno's
1 minced garlic clove
1 c corn (optional)
1 diced green pepper
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs black pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
add sea salt to taste

*Mix all ingredients together and serve with chips, veggies, in pitas, on omelets or basically anything!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment