Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homemade Larabars



If you enjoy snacks on the go I would recommend Larabars. I have had so much trouble in the past while searching for the perfect snack bar that wasn't full of sugar and that was actually good for me. Then I found these tasty little things, Larabars. Larabars contain about three or four ingredients. They usually include, dates, almonds, a fruit or chocolate and that is all! No added anything, no fake anything and they are soooooo yummy, not to mention gluten free, dairy free and most are paleo friendly! These bars cost about $1.50 each, which isn't bad but I wanted to try to create my own, so I did just that.
I basically guessed on the amount of each ingredient I used but it seemed to work out just fine. My favorite Larabar is a tie between cashew cookie and apple pie, so I made a mixture of both into one, fantastic, amazing tasting bar. Even though they don't look that delicious in the picture above, I promise they are better than the store bought kind! 

Date Bars
1 c pitted dates
1/2 c cashews
1/2 c almonds
1 diced apple
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs cinnamon

* place all ingredients in a blender, blend until the mixture is a little bit chunky. Scoop out the mixture and place in a dish or a tupper wear container. Place in the freezer for about 15-30 mins and enjoy! I store mine in the freezer as well, they never fully freeze, they stay a fudge like texture!

* makes about 8 bars
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment